Bra Review – Elomi Matilda Plunge Bra (8900)
Fuller-busted plunge bras are hard to come by, so the release of the Elomi Matilda bra was widely rejoiced by our customers and fitting team! Matilda is one of few Elomi bras that start in a size 10 back; from a 10GG up to a 22G, the Elomi Matilda bra has become a firm favourite for many women.
Fuller-busted, but you want something that sits low without having a double-boob effect? The Elomi Matilda is made with gorgeous sheer fabric, yet it’s supportive and close to being a seam-free bra. Low-plunging wrap dresses or tops complement this bra style. A pretty style with beaded lace embroidery.
AUS 10 – 18 (UK 32 – 40) GG – JJ cups
AUS 20 (UK42) DD-HH cups
AUS 22 (UK 44) DD – G cups
Black, nude, red and seasonal colours.
The sheer fabric of this bra makes it a pretty choice which can still be a part of your basics. Fits true to size for Elomi, so you may need to go smaller in the back to make it extra firm. Elomi Matilda also has a j-hook, which allows you to pull the straps in on the back to convert it to racerback, perfect for racerback tops and dresses and also helps for sloping shoulders.
What women love:
- Not too high under the underarms, which can be more comfortable.
- The wires are quite wide so they go far back, allowing for more room for women fuller on the sides.
- The racerback provides a deeper plunge look.
What some women may dislike:
- If you don’t have as much fullness on the sides, the wires can be too wide and reach around your back.
- Not a seam-free look; the one-seam detailing can show under a figure-hugging top.
- Being a fuller-cup plunge means the cup can appear quite high, showing the material under lower neckline tops.
Have you tried the Elomi Matilda Plunge Bra? Let us know in the comments below!