Bra Review – Fantasie Smoothing Moulded Strapless Bra (4530)
We’re heading into the warmer weather here in the southern hemisphere, so it’s time for parties, spring racing carnival outfits, wedding and bridesmaid dresses, and spaghetti straps! The Fantasie Smoothing Moulded Strapless Bra is one of the best D Cup & Up strapless bras available today, and has been a bestseller at Brava for many years thanks to its reliability. The Fantasie Smoothing Moulded Strapless Bra is a solid option that many find comfortable enough to wear for a whole day, and works well with most body and bust shapes.
AUS 8 (UK 30) DD – G cups
AUS 10 – 14 (UK 32 – 36) D – G cups
AUS 16 (UK 38) D – F cups
AUS 18 (UK 40) D – E cups
AUS 20 (UK 42) D cups
Black and nude are available as continuity.
The cups are generously cut. If you’re less full on top, you may find that one cup size smaller than your regular fit will work better for you. There’s a silicone strip that lines the inner part of the band, this helps the band stay firmly in place. (Bra fitter’s pro tip: pop a little bit of cold water on the silicone during the day to help refresh it, or if your skin is sensitive to silicone, you can use talcum powder on the strip to prevent irritation!) We find that the Fantasie Smoothing Moulded Strapless Bra is a great fit for mature women or those who have lost some elasticity in their skin.
What women love:
- Smooth lines under clothing and uplifted shape.
- Silicone lining along the band secures the bra in place, so no slipping!
- Full coverage and support, perfect for those who are new to strapless bras.
- The shape is quite minimising too, but doesn’t push the bust too far out to the sides like some other strapless or minimising styles.
- The Fantasie Smoothing Moulded Strapless Bra includes detachable straps. These work well at providing extra support with halter or racerback tops or dresses.
What some women may dislike:
- This is a full coverage strapless, so may not be suitable for dresses or tops with a low cut or plunging neckline.
- The stiff moulding gives great lift but won’t match the shape of your bust completely, so you might find some space at the bottom of the cup. However, this usually doesn’t affect the fit and appearance.
- If you have a fuller upper bust, then the top part of the cup may cut in even in the correct size. We’d recommend trying a strapless style that is more open on top, such as the Freya Deco Strapless Bra.
It’s often necessary to compromise a little when it comes to the fit of a strapless bra, as the shape will be unlike an everyday bra as it is structured differently to give support without the straps. However, the Fantasie Smoothing Moulded Strapless Bra is similar in shape to an everyday bra and this shouldn’t be a problem! It’s a good, reliable strapless option for special occasions, or if you just have a summery outfit that exposes your shoulders.