Bra Review – Prima Donna Madison Full Cup Bra (016-2120/016-2121)
The Prima Donna Madison Full Cup Bra has been a favourite at Brava since we first started stocking it back in 2011 and it has become one of our bestselling styles. Its combination of fantastic support, beautiful lace and check design appeals to women of all ages, and has helped it become a staple in many lingerie drawers all over the world.
10 – 22, D – H cups
Prima Donna has been around since 1865 so they know a little bit about making lingerie! All of their bras feature a unique layer of rubber in the wire casing making it softer – many women who have sworn off wearing underwired bras have been tempted back by how comfortable the Madison is! The stretch lace at the top of the cup means that it sits smooth and can accommodate monthly size fluctuations or asymmetry. The lower panel is designed to move the bust upwards while the side support panel gives a forward push, helping to create a narrow silhouette which is extremely flattering under clothing.
What customers like:
- Great choice of colours – the Madison is available in Latte, Black, White, Natural and a beautiful Scarlet as part of our ongoing collection. Fashion colours are also released on a seasonal basis.
- Rounded, uplifted shape.
- Smooth and flat seams – nearly undetectable under most clothing.
- Highly comfortable, strong yet soft materials – many women who try this bra comment that it is the most comfortable bra they’ve ever worn!
- Available in a bodysuit with the same cup shape in D-F cups – get the same great lift with the added benefits of shapewear.
- Choice of matching brief styles – choose from the Rio Brief, Full Brief and Thong to best suit your shape and style.
What customers dislike:
- Full cup coverage – some women may find the full coverage limits their wardrobe choices. The Prima Donna Madison Plunge Bra is available in D-G cups for those after a lower cut cup with the same features but may not be as suitable for softer busts.
- Central wires may not sit flush against the chest – as Prima Donna wires are softer, in some larger cup sizes the wires can sit out a little. As long as the bust is still separated, this will not affect the fit or support of the bra.
- Straps can be a little too wide set for women with narrow shoulders – try Madison’s sister style, the Prima Donna Deauville Full Cup Bra, for more centrally placed straps to prevent strap slippage.
The Prima Donna Madison is one of the best bras available on the market for the D-H cup size range. The quality and fit put it above the rest. We would definitely recommend giving it a try, it might just be the bra that changes your life!